Top 5 Reasons to Live on Campus!

This year, for my first year at South, I decided to live on campus. Throughout my first semester and the beginning of my second, I have really enjoyed living here. Here are my top five reasons why you should consider living on campus, too:

      1. It's close to class! Many classes you will likely take as a freshman are within walking distance of the residential area. It's easy to take a quick walk over to make it to class, plus you get a little bit of exercise, too! Also, it's great to be close to any fun on-campus events going on!
     2. JagTrans will pick you up! When you don't want to walk or if it's raining, the JagTran stops are right in the middle of the residential area. You can get on, and they will take you to your class or wherever you need to go!
     3. You can make lots of friends! Living on campus makes it easy to make friends, especially with those who live near you. It is super easy to meet people! I'm definitely glad that I live on campus because I have met so many new friends because of it.
     4. It can help you stay focused! I think that living near class and other students in similar classes definitely has helped me focus on my academics this year. College can be a big transition, so it really helps to be near classes to easily attend office hours or near the library to study.
     5. You get independence! One of the biggest things about college is the freedom it gives you. Living by yourself (or with your roommate) will give you the opportunity to make your own decisions. I think it definitely helps you learn and grow from your mistakes!

Overall, I definitely think living on campus is always a great way to get involved and stay focused, and I would recommend it, especially to first-year students! You can check out our housing page and get started here: https://www.southalabama.edu/departments/housing/gettingstarted.html
Secondary banner

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Learned Since I've Become a Jag

5 Tips Before Coming to South Alabama

It's Spring in Mobile!